Melville Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Melville, Western Australia
Melville, a suburb in Perth, Western Australia, is a generally safe place to live, work, and visit. However, like any urban area, there are certain risks and dangers to be aware of, especially when it comes to personal security.
Although crime rates in Melville are generally low, it is still important to take steps to protect yourself and your property. Common types of crime in the area include theft, burglary, and vehicle theft, so be sure to take precautions such as:
- Locking doors and windows at all times, including when you are home.
- Installing and using an alarm system and/or security cameras.
- Not leaving valuables visible in your car, especially when parked on the street.
- Being aware of your surroundings and reporting any suspicious activity to the police.
Whether you are walking alone or in a group, it is important to take steps to ensure your personal safety in Melville:
- Avoid walking alone at night, especially in areas that are poorly lit or deserted.
- Stick to well-lit paths and sidewalks and avoid shortcuts through parks or alleys.
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep headphones off or at a low volume so you can hear what's going on around you.
- If you feel uncomfortable or threatened, trust your instincts and seek help immediately.
In case of an emergency in Melville, dial Triple Zero (000) for police, fire, or ambulance services. For non-emergency situations, contact the local police station:
The following resources provide helpful information on personal safety in Western Australia: